Please note that this article was written for Cubender V3
Because your name servers are now pointing to us, your DNS can be controlled in our panel. You must request these Mail Forwarding Records from your email host. Once you have the records, you can enter them. Go to Site Map > Settings > Manage Email / DNS.
- Mail records can come in a variety of record types as formats. Each email host will have their own set of records that work for their accounts. In this example, we will enter one of the most common types, MX records, and we will be using GoDaddy mail hosting records. Note that these specific records for GoDaddy will only function for their North American customers.
- MX (0) smtp.secureserver.net
- MX (10) mailstore1.secureserver.net
- Once you’ve opened up the DNS screen in Cubender, you’ll see a field for ‘Record Type” in the top left corner. To enter the GoDaddy records, we will choose Record Type MX. Under Priority, select 0 for the first record. Leave the section underMail Domain blank as there is no prefix you need to enter for .yourdomain.com. And finally, enter the record smtp.secureserver.net under Mail Exchanger. Hit Add Record.
- We will repeat the process for record #2. Again, the Record Type is MX, the Priority changes to 10, domain stays blank, and we enter mailstore1.secureserver.net. Add Record.
- For any host records you enter, there is usually a propagation delay of about 20 minutes to an hour or two for things to start functioning fully. If you wish, you can try testing the email after about 5 minutes by sending a test message to the new account from another account that you know is working. If you do not receive an ‘Email Undeliverable’ message, you know things are probably set up correctly and it will just be a matter of time before it’s working 100%.
- Q: I entered my Mail Forwarding Records, but I’m still not able to Send/Receive my email.
- A: Verify that the email records you entered in the DNS are correct. Go to Site Map > Settings > Manage Email/DNS and verify the records. If they are incorrect, you can delete the incorrect records and add the correct ones. If you are unable to delete a record that you added, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to delete it for you.